Throughout my three year journey as an entrepreneur, I’ve been blessed to meet others who are truly dedicated to helping their clients find healthy ways to detox from the emotional firestorm that comes along with the anger, anxiety and overwhelm from separation and divorce.
My creative and intuitive friend, Sheri Mollica Rathburn went through a divorce that wreaked havoc with her emotional and physical health and she began to seek out holistic ways to feel better in mind, body and spirit.
Sheri is the owner of Om2Ohm, a Peace Management and Wellness Center in Powell, OH where clients can learn how to experience deep relaxation and develop mindfulness while also learning a variety of healthy ways to diffuse and deflect stress.
6 Healthy Ways to Heal from Divorce
1. Mindful Meditation: Meditation is a simple yet incredibly powerful way to connect with your inner power, learn how to stay focused, and cope with run-away anxiety.
2. Reiki: a combination of two Japanese words rei and ki meaning Universal Life Energy, Reiki is an ancient laying-on of hands healing technique that uses the life force energy to heal, balancing the subtle energies within our bodies. Reiki addresses physical, emotional, mental and spiritual imbalances.
3. Color Light Therapy: (based on chromotherapy) is a type of holistic healing that uses the visible spectrum of light and color to affect a person’s mood, physical, and mental health. Each color falls into a specific frequency and vibration, which contribute to specific properties that can be used to affect the energy and frequencies within our bodies.
4. Creative Drawing: The Mandala is a magical art form that integrates your left and right brain. While creating a mandala you are super charging your brain through combining sacred geometry with creativity. It’s a very powerful way to express your soul’s creativity.
5. Polarity Therapy: With gentle yet therapeutic touch, free flowing energy movement is restored as the body’s natural self-healing powers are stimulated. Unblocking energy can help heal the body and release tension and stress.
6. Tai Chi: The gentle movements learned through Tai Chi improve muscular strength, flexibility and balance. Increased peace of mind and more confidence gained through Tai Chi can help to restore your emotional, spiritual and physical health.
Rather than turning to destructive ways of dealing with divorce stress with too much alcohol and over-reliance on prescription drugs, why not try out some of these healthier ways to heal from divorce?